Ranked Choice Voting (RCV) is Better!
RCV empowers voters, saves taxpayer dollars, increases candidate diversity, and ensures winners have broad community support.
● All candidates are on one ballot in November, when voter turnout is higher and more diverse. (RCV eliminates the costly, low-turnout primaries for mayor and city council.)
● Voters have more choice on election day. Voters can choose their favorite candidates without worrying about wasting their votes.
● Candidates engage more voters throughout the election.
● Encourages candidates to reach beyond their base and appeal to a broader group of voters to win.
● Fosters more civil campaigns based on issues important to voters.
● Reduces the influence of money and special interests in campaigns.
● Ensures winners have broad support of the most voters.
● Expands opportunity for representation from underrepresented communities.
● Elected representatives are more likely to understand the needs of their constituents.